We’ve combined super-fine merino with a dash of our finest yak wool to make an ultra-soft, robust interlock knit fabric with augmented warmth-for-weight.
Supercharging merino wool
Yak wool’s exceptional properties elevate any fabric mix. We decided to prove this by creating a totally brand-new fabric blending merino and yak wool. The result? The Yardang 240.
Supercharging a merino base with 30% Yak Wool, we have created a strong, breathable hybrid fabric that has a wonderfully soft handle for everyday comfort and provides the yak wool’s exceptional Himalayan-born warmth and breathability.
Merino provides us with the perfect partner. A natural fibre, easy to spin and knit and dye into beautiful colours, it is highly adaptable allowing us to be uniquely creative with our mid-layer collection.
Products: *Men's New Xenolith Sweater *Men's Xenolith Sweater *Women's Xenolith Sweater *Men's Terrane Shirt *Men's Azog Cycling Jersey
Merino & Yak, natural partners
Merino and Yak Wool are IDEAL partners, sharing many properties. Both are:
- EXOTHERMIC, meaning you stay warm even when the wool is wet
- Naturally wicking, helping you stay DRY as moisture is transported away from your body
- naturally ODOUR-RESISTANT, so there is less need for washing items
- are SOFT because their fibres are super-fine and thin
- are WARM because the fibres trap air thereby providing insulation
- are BREATHABLE as warm air passes through the fabric quickly so you stay cool.